TRANSPORT PACKAGING AND PLASTIC PACKAGES FOR FOOD PRODUCTS
Learn more about transport packaging and plastic foodstuff packaging!
As you know, packaging must not only preserve the product, but also sell it. Today this also applies to the transport packaging. Transport packaging and plastic packaging for foodstuff have image and advertising mean and participate in the creation of a brand.
Plastic packaging for food
When choosing a particular type of transport packaging, it’s necessary to take into account its performance characteristics, economic expediency and the current legislation in this area.Plastic foodstuff packaging is represented by many options. These are large plastic containers (boxes of low-pressure polyethylene with a capacity of 25, 30 and 55 liters and containers of high-impact polystyrene), thick-walled cans (with a capacity of 5, 10 and more liters), and plastic bags.
The advantages of polymer packaging:
- light weight (usually not more than 1.1 g/cm3);
- low cost, low power consumption during production;
- the ability to create packaging of almost any configuration and size;
- the possibility of repeated plastic materials use after processing;
- the ability to combine technological processes of canning and production trays in one plant;
- relative resistance to chemical attack;
- reation a packaging with the specified properties
- the possibility to experiment with color and design of plastic.
The flaws of foodstuff packaging include stretchability (plastic is often torn, inconvenient during packing heavy goods), restrictions on the use of some products for packaging, and relatively complex manufacturing techniques. Of course, plastic causes criticism from ecologists, both in terms of production and in terms of recycling. However, today this problem already seems to be solved: research is underway to create biodegradable polymers. The essence of the technology is the introduction into the polymer matrix of various modifiers, usually of plant origin (most often starch) .
The use of foodstaff packagingPlastic containers should be used in cases where good trays resistance to environmental influences is needed, and during transportation products in fragile (glass) consumer packages. Rigid transport polymer packaging has high strength and good resistance to dynamic loads, does not require systematic repair, has a long service life, preserves products from external influences, has a good appearance.
Plastic packaging offers a variety of shapes and designs and provides the most efficient packaging of products. Due to its rigidity, plastic containers can be easily stacked in several tiers, taking up minimal areas when storing, without usage of additional devices.
Box pallets, cardboard and plastic often are commercial equipment and replace racks, counters, commercial shelves. It allows to exclude a very labor-intensive link in the chain of product distribution - the selection of goods in a warehouse on the orders of retail stores. This work is shifted in this case to the buyers themselves. A whole range of other operations is also eliminated: laying out goods on shelves of shelving and counters, putting prices on them, which leads to faster delivery of goods, reduced distribution costs, reduced losses from damage to goods and, ultimately, increased trade profits.
Soft containers are used for transportation and temporary storage of bulk, granular, piece and liquid products. They replace plywood drums, barrels, bags and are suitable for transportation on railway platforms or by water. Their use reduces the complexity of packing operations and allows for the mechanization of loading and unloading. Another advantage of a soft shipping container made of polymeric materials is that it is easy to fold and takes up little space for return shipments.
Food Safety Rules ComplianceAccording to requirements of the Law of Ukraine "On Basic Principles and Requirements for Safety and Quality of Food" for three years since its entry into force, all domestic food enterprises and companies whose activities are part of the "food chain" must introduce international food safety systems.
The advantages of plastic packaging in the "food chain":
- full sanitary and hygienic processing. Such processing of plastic materials can be carried out repeatedly and intensively using industrial washing and the necessary chemicals;
- high quality plastic from primary raw materials is allowed to contact with food products and does not require any additional means of product protection;
- the range of temperature resistance of containers from -40 to + 70C allows successfully and without risks to apply it to a wide range of products - from frozen to hot;
- polymeric materials from which pallets are made, big boxes and drawers are neutral and resistant to all aggressive food products - acids, alkalis, fats, sugars. The only exceptions are alcohols. Such plastic durability allows the use of containers, for example, such as big boxes, for storing and preparing various products, for example, brines, marinades, sauces, confitures, etc. At the same time, food products do not lose their useful properties for a long time, and the risks of loss of food safety due to the packaging of plastic components are eliminated;
- molded plastic packaging is resistant to chips, does not stratify, does not contain adhesives, which also increases the reliability of its use, since there are no risks of foreign substances entering the product - elements of containers and other substances.
EGG PACKAGING: WHAT IS BETTER AND HOW TO MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICE Our article will help you figure out which package is better for eggs and how to choose it correctly.
In this article you will know, what to look for when buying food.
BEST BERRIES 2018 October 6-7, 2018 ALFA TRANS PAK (authorized dealer of PET packaging from Alfa-Sintez manufacturer), took part in the gardening exhibition Bes ...